Sunday, February 21, 2010

One Word to Describe Myself...

Perfectionist.
[or... desperately attempting to be one].

Not only am I an aspiring perfectionist, I fill my schedule so full I rarely have time to sleep at least 8 hours a night. [there are probably many days I could have that little blessing, but choose to spend too much time on stupid Facebook; hey, we all need to do a little stalking throughout our day right?].

I would say 75% of my day I feel anxiety. Which is silly. I want to be the perfect student. perfect daughter and big sister. perfect friend. I want to accomplish too many things for hours in a day. I give myself to so much that I often forget to give all of myself to God. I find it hard to simply let things go and breath. relax. enjoy moments. & be still to acknowledge all the amazing blessings in my life.

I earned my first D+ on an exam. ever. in my life. It ruined my day. I couldn't get past it and decided the next exam that I would prepare so much for it there would be no way I could get any less than a 95%. But is sacrificing relationships and my mental well-being worth it? Somethings some things gotta give. And college is more than just the academics experience. & sometimes I need a reminder of that.

Good news: I reached my 50th day without pop a couple days ago. It was a wonderful feeling. I even passed the temptation test being home at ally's where there is a never ending flow of Diet Coke. I almost suffocated from thirst seeing it in the fridge, but chose water instead and don't regret it. at all. :]


Not much else to report on - except that spring break is this friday :] I'm going down to Florida [possibly by myself if Brittnee has to bail..] and spending time in Bradenton with the Morley's, Butch is an On Goal director down there and I spent three weeks with him and his awesome family last summer. I'm looking forward to reuniting with people I haven't seen since last June, and especially excited for the sun and temperatures above 33 degrees :]

More good news: I officially know who Joe Montana is, and how lucky my friends Angie Noland and Eric Miller were to see him live in person. For those who don't know... he is one of the best quarterbacks of all time... duuh..


Your prayers for peace, patience, and acceptance that I am, in fact, a human and will never achieve perfection.


Joke of the Day: eh. no joke for today. I'm taking advantage of a spare hour and taking a nap. Can't be bothered to try and come up with a joke :]

<><


PS: We [the Bethel College Women's Soccer team] officially have a head coach. Once our assistant coach, Steve Dregits will now be leading us to some major changes and hopefully a lot of victories!

<--- Can't wait to be back on the field :]

No comments:

Post a Comment