1. The 50th day without pop has come and gone. & I'm still going strong.
2. Struggling to consistently read my Bible each morning. But not giving up on it.
3. Spring Break 2010. Bradenton & Ft. Myers, Florida. everything I needed
[happenings in spring break]
A. Due to flight delays, missed my connecting flight from Atlanta to Tampa, so had to stay overnight. alone. in a hotel. in Atlanta. but, safely arrived in Bradenton Monday late afternoon.
B. Spent time with the Morley family. Always refreshing. & fun. Even if the temperature was barely 55 degrees and incredibly windy tuesday and wednesday. Monday was a nice day of relaxing in the sun.
C. Finished a lot of homework. And 1/3 study guides for anatomy exam this Wednesday. It was wonderful
D. Wednesday night, I was given the opportunity to speak to the USA Men's U-17 Soccer team! Butch has been working with them for 2 years and asked if I would share my testimony during the chapel time he does for them. About 18 boys showed up and I was able to share about the time when I lived in a way to get my self worth based on the opinions of others and how I played soccer in high school compared to now. & how they, the future of the USA men's soccer team, have millions of people watching them. And encouraged them to use their God given talent on the field to influence people. & to be remembered in a positive way for how they played. being a Christian-Athlete. Not an athlete that is a Christian. It was amaaaaaazing :] [and. I was honored to be the first special guest female speaker for the boys!].
E. Wednesday morning. Went to watch the U-17 boys practice and wish them luck at their game on Friday. Margie, Dori, and Rachel picked me up and I joined them down in Ft. Myers.
F. Thursday/Friday: tanning by the pool since the weather warmed up :]
All in all. Spring Break 2010. Very successful.
4. I was chosen, along with Meredith Martin, to be a representative for the Women's Soccer Team on SALT. basically they are chosen by the coach to be trained as spiritual leaders on the team based on their current spiritual wellness and leadership. I am really excited and honored to be asked to be a part of it!
5. Two friends were engaged. I am sooooo happy [and incredibly jealous :P]
And now begins the last 7 weeks of this school year.
And then On Goal.
Then SALT training
Then Preseason.
Yikes.
Me with the USA Men's U-17 Soccer Team [17 of the 40 best soccer players in the United States born in 1994/1995 and the future of the USA Men's Soccer Team].
Danielle this is so awesome!!! I'm so glad you got to share your testimony with all those soccer guys! Sounds like God is using you in a great way!
ReplyDelete