College has proved to be a frustrating time in my life.
I absolutely 100% love it. And do not regret EVER the choice to go. and am so very thankful for the opportunity.
But.
I want to be a mommy. Is there a degree for that?
I have wrestled for the past three years on what exactly I should study and where I would be able to use my gifts most effectively. I love my exercise science major. It's fun. And I get to dance in class -and at Bethel :P
But with that degree alone what can I do? Be a personal trainer. Fun. I know it's something I would enjoy. But. All that is needed to do that is get a certification through some classes and a little bit of cash.
So am I wasting my time and money going to Bethel?
Absolutely not.
I am earning a degree. I am working hard. And I am learning so much in the classroom AND outside of it. God has blessed me with amazing opportunities and friends at Bethel that have shaped and developed who I am that will make me an even better daughter, sister, friend and one day, wife and mom.
More good news on the topic of college. Graduation will be December 2011. NOT June 2012 :]
Only a semester late, rather than a year late.
Other news/New Years updates:
- pop sober for 95 days :]
- got a hair trim today - but still taking my vitamins so it will be long and pretty again :]
- still inconsistent in my morning Bible reading. but still more consistent than I used to be, and still making it a priority.
- I will be a bridesmaid for my wonderful roommate Heather Nelson on July 24th, 2010.
- I will be the maid of honor for my beautiful best friend Alyssa Eubank on June 3rd (or 4th) 2011.
- officially coaching with On Goal again this summer. 25 years of On Goal's soccer ministry. 3rd summer working with them [if you want to support me/the ministry financially or commit to praying for us this summer let me know!]
Joke of the Day: [inspired by currently watching the MSU v. Butler Final Four game]
anonymous person: "Michigan State can't win without Kalin Lucas"
-except the beat New Mexico AND Maryland without him :]
[it would have been a funnier joke if they would have won against Butler... too bad they can't stop turning over the ball and fouling. ugh.]
comment: i love the new haircut.
ReplyDeletei loved spending this weekend with you.
and I LOVE YOU! :]
Love that you quoted my dad! HAHA...
ReplyDelete