Thursday, Jan 7th
1. I simply ran out of time to write about the day's happenings as I was being productive with working ahead on homework, working out, and reunited with friends who have been away in the Dominican Republic for a semester abroad while watching the National Championship Game [that I actually didn't watch].
2. I read my Bible first thing in the morning - actually at 6am when I woke up 3 hours before my alarm and couldn't fall back asleep. Another 'hooray' to Jesus for giving me the desire and for myself for listening to Him :]
3. The first opportunity to actually choose pop as a beverage came at dinner time, and I chose water. Another hooray for myself as I was desperate for a cherry coke to go with my pizza.
Today, Friday, Jan 8th
1. I set my alarm for 7:50 as my first class is at 9. This would allow me to read my Bible for at least 10 minutes before getting out of bed and preparing for the day.
2. I didn't turn my alarm on... so I was woken up [thankfully!] by my roommate at 8:30... meaning I had to rush in order to make it to my class at 9:02 :/ and did not read my Bible.
3. I have remembered to take my vitamin 3 days in a row. And that is a record :]
4. Chapel was AMAZING. First, the speaker worked for Compassion, which does child sponsoring, enabling kids to go to school, receive food and health care, etc. He showed a video about children in poverty and the impact that $38 a month can have a child's life. And it was just another reminder that I feel God putting on my heart that this is something I need to involve myself in. We are commanded to love. & to ignore someone in need, that we are fully capable of providing living necessities for those who cannot provide them for themselves, would be contrary to how God wants us to live our lives. If buying a new dress means someone goes without a meal, then I no longer want to make that choice. Once I start working in the admission office again [in one week] I will be able to write my first check to help a little girl go to school, have food, and most importantly feel the same hope and love that I have come to known through Christ.

- "Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all those who are destitute." -Proverbs 31:8.
-Every 14 seconds a child is orphaned by AIDS
-1.4 million children die each year from preventable causes
One person cannot change the world. I cannot change the whole world. But I can pour myself into a few people, and change their world.
My challenge to you, the few who read my posts : is there something you can sacrifice so a child can receive medication necessary for survival, education, food, and hope?
JOTD: [courtesy of Josh Stannard - check out his website, a tshirt brand called Doxa, meaning glory, that has Christ at the center of their company & is using their gift of art and creativeness to get the gospel out. and if you're really ambitious, buy a shirt, then you'll be prepared for the up and coming "doxa day" with event details to be posted here & on facebook]
-Doctor: "I have good news and I have bad news"
-Patient: "Go with the good news first"
-Doctor: "You only have 24 hours to live"
-Patient: "What!?!? How about the bad news?"
-Doctor: "umm... I forgot to tell you yesterday"
No comments:
Post a Comment