Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Never Have I Ever...

...kept all my New Years Resolutions for this stretch of time [12 days. kind of pathetic. but true]
...been anxious to fall asleep so I could wake up and open my Bible
...had this much homework to do on the 4th day of classes.
until now :]

The past few days have been roller coaster highs of spending time with friends, church, and chapel, to the lows of realizing my work load this semester and my never ending indecisiveness about how to use my degree and the length of time it is going to take me to complete my undergraduate work. I love learning. And am so thankful I have the option to go to college, something many women do not have, however I struggle with the thought that I'm getting my degree in exercise science. Which basically means I can be a personal trainer. Which you can technically do without a degree and just take certification classes. Degree= thousands of dollars. Certification= a lot less than that. I love what I am learning. It's interesting. It's fun. It's so useful for knowing how to live a healthy life and to also encourage others to do the same. But really... I just want to be a soccer mom.
Jeremiah 10:23 - "I know, O Lord, that a man's life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps." So. I will not direct my own steps, but be directed by His. And study hard. Love dramatically. Practice & play passionatly. & wait for God's direction. [and being a personal trainer for women pre- & post- pregnancy sounds like a wonderful goal].


Other thoughts: Since January 5th, when I made my New Year Resolutions, I have read Jeremiah 1-11. And am continually shocked that despite God's constant reminder to throw out all ungodliness and obey Him, Israel continually chose to forsake God. The word forsake is to choose to forget or set aside. I wonder if I too am guilty of the same sin, however I think there is a difference in choosing to forget God and ignoring His commands than simply allowing myself to become too consumed with things of this world - school. soccer. social activities, and not giving enough of myself to Him. That is my prayer, & something I have been thinking about throughout my days; that I will not forget my God. I will think of my Savior. Praise Him. & acknowledge Him in all my actions throughout the day.

pop=none.
vitamins=every day.
Bible= 2/2 this week.


<><

2 comments:

  1. I've been there... not knowing if spending thousands is really worth it... just trust God to show you what He has for you.

    ReplyDelete