Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wow. That's A Lot Of Snow.

Current Location: Apartment [empty] @ Bethel.
Current Snow level: A LOT.
Current Activities: Solo dance party until the roommates get here. Unpacking stuff. Buying books for the semester.

Resolution status: 6 days without pop. hooray! Read Jeremiah 1 & 2 this morning. Right when I woke up. & it wasn't because I felt I HAD to for my resolution sake, but because i truly WANTED to :] The first thing on my mind as my eyes opened to the tune of Lady Gaga's Bad Romance was "hm... now where is my Bible". Thank you Jesus for making that be the first thought of the day!

I'm sitting at Sara's desk as I write. I'm not sure why I didn't choose to sit at my own desk... anyways, she has, without knowing, reminded me of another thing I want to do this year. I want to 'adopt' a child through World Help or another organization of that kind and sponsor a child, because right now I am looking at the beautiful face of the little girl that Sara is sponsoring. $30 a month and a child can be clothed, fed, and given education. What do I need that extra $30 for? To be more materialistic than I am already am thanks to the culture I have been raised in? So for a child, I will sacrifice $30 a month. And it will bring a child hope, me joy, and my Father pleased that I have used what I'm blessed with to bless someone else, rather than being selfish.

Watch This Video. & then choose to do something.


2010 so far... so rad :]

PS: roomies... hurry up and come back. It's boring in this place without you!!

PSS: Shout out to my husband Joshua McKenna who is also growing his hair out this year :P

JOTD: [written by yours truly this past summer at On Goal camp to amuse my fellow coaches and confuse the campers as the punch line is not funny in the slightest... making it hilarious when we would try to 'explain' the joke to the campers... who after a few minutes would agree that "i geeet iit!! hahahahah" and laugh as if there was something to get... so enjoy!]

-There is a guy and he has $5 and is very hungry. So he goes to a McDonald's and orders a hamburger, but that is only $3.. so he decides he would also like some fries, but those are only $1. So he still has a dollar to spend... what does he do with his extra dollar?...

= ...HE BOUGHT A MILKSHAKE!!!!!

<><

No comments:

Post a Comment